When the weather turns cold, the last thing you need is to discover that your heating system has developed a problem over the summer.
There are a number of issues that can arise which will cause your furnace to not work properly when you first turn it on in the Fall.
- Without regular maintenance, your furnace will not run as efficiently and as reliably. Annual inspections will ensure that there will be no surprises or breakdowns when the temperature dips and you need your furnace working quickly.
- Wear and tear over time will take a toll on air flow and heat regulation. Furnaces are designed to last from 15 to 20 years or more but only if they are kept in good working order.
- A dirty air filter is a principle cause of reduced air flow while making the furnace work too hard to deliver and circulate conditioned air.
- When a thermostat malfunctions, the fan may not turn on at all. It may also send the wrong message to your furnace causing it to not deliver enough heat.
- If you have drafts, clogs or a problem with your furnace thermocouple, you might be experiencing ignition and pilot
- When there is no heat coming from your furnace, you may have issues with your fuel supply, electrical connections or your pilot light.
- A noisy furnace is a sign that you have mechanical problems, burner clogs or a restriction of air flow.
- Does your furnace turn off and on too frequently? If so, then you could have a problem with your filter, thermostat or airflow.
- Limit switch problems could be the reason why your blower runs continuously.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, we can help you get your furnace running back to peak performance. We are even glad to help you with simple thermostat repairs and adjustments to make sure you are getting the most comfort out of your furnace system.
When you are dealing with your furnace, you can never be too safe. There are safety hazards associated with fuel combustion and electricity. Do not hesitate to give us a call to take a look at your furnace to remedy your problem safely and efficiently. Having one of our experienced technicians perform your furnace repair gives you peace of mind that your system has been checked over and repaired by a qualified, licensed HVAC company.